• All entries must be received by 5pm on Monday, August 10, 2020, to be considered for the 2020 New Times Music Awards (NTMAs).
• Entries are $20 for each song and for the Best Album award.
• Participants may enter a maximum of 13 songs (10 genre category, 3 songwriting category) and 1 album.
• Online entries are preferred. Please fill out the entry form, upload songs, and pay for your entries with a credit card by clicking the graphic below titled ENTER CONTEST NOW.
• If you wish to pay with cash or check, you may drop off your entries at either the New Times or Sun offices (addresses listed below). Bring your music entries on a CD or USB drive along with your completed entry form. Checks should be made payable to “New Times.”
• All entrants must reside primarily in San Luis Obispo County or Northern Santa Barbara County.
• All entrants must be able to play at the showcase event on Friday, November 13th at SLO Brew Rock.
• All entrants under 18 years of age must select the Youth category and must have a parent or guardian sign the entry form. Please inquire.
• By entering the contest, all entrants give permission to New Times Media Group to reproduce submissions on compact disc and on the web. All entries remain the property of performers.
• New Times Music Awards is not responsible for lost, damaged, incomplete, or late entries.
• The top 3 songs in each category need to provide high-quality versions of their songs (16 Bit, 44.1 Sample Rate).
• Songs may have multiple co-writers, but please designate one contact name only on entry form.
• Winners will be chosen by a select panel of judges.
• Songs will be judged on overall performance.
• Live performers will share the ‘Back Line’.
• The Youth category is for anyone entering music who is under the age of 18.
• The Open genre includes reggae, world beat, jazz, classical, new age, electronic, etc.
• Each song submission must have a genre selected. If nothing is selected, the song will go into the Open genre.
• If judges determine a song to be a better fit with a different genre category than what was originally submitted, they reserve the right to recategorize it.
• You may enter up to 3 songs in the Songwriting genre, which is being judged separately.
• Upload (or include) a .doc file of lyrics with your entry.
• Albums must have been released between July 1, 2018 and August 10, 2020 to be eligible. Please deliver a hard copy to either the New Times or Sun office along with a completed entry form by 5pm on Monday, August 10, 2020 for consideration. The entire presentation will be judged, including quality of songs, sound, and packaging.
• Only 1 album per entrant total.
For more information contact NTMA@NewTimesSLO.com.