1. All entries must be received by Monday, August 20th, 2018 by 5pm with a completed entry form (in print or online) and a $10 payment for each song. Make checks payable to “New Times”.
2. All entrants must reside primarily in San Luis Obispo County or Northern Santa Barbara County.
3. By entering the contest, all entrants give permission to New Times Media Group to reproduce submissions on compact disc and on the web. All entries remain the property of performers.
4. New Times Music Awards is not responsible for lost, damaged, incomplete, or late entries.
5. Top 3 in each category need to provide High-quality version of winning songs (16 Bit, 44.1 Sample Rate). A Dropbox.com folder will be made available by request.
6. Live performers will share the ‘Back Line’.
7. Winners will be chosen by a select panel of judges and must be able to play at the showcase event. Event date is Friday, November 2nd 2018.
8. Contact NTMA@newtimesslo.com or check the website for more information.
9. Fill out entry form, upload songs, and pay for your entries at www.newtimesslo.com.
10. Participants may enter a maximum of 13 songs (10 genre category, 3 songwriting category) and 1 album to be considered in the 2018 New Times Music Awards.
11. Entries must be submitted on CD, or online with entry form. A Dropbox.com folder will be made available by request for song submission. Songs may have multiple co-writers, but please designate one name only on entry form.
12. Maximum 10 original songs may be submitted for consideration in the genre category.
13. Songs will be judged on overall performance.
14. If judges determine a song to be a better fit with a different genre category than what was originally submitted, they reserve the right to re-categorize as they see fit.
15. NEW THIS YEAR! We have a Youth genre for anyone 18 and under who are interested in trying to get a start in the music industry!
16. Your album must have been released between August 21st, 2017 to July 27th, 2018 to be eligible. Please deliver a hard copy to New Times (1010 Marsh St., SLO, CA 93401) or Sun (2540 Skyway Dr. Suite A, Santa Maria, CA 93455) by 5 p.m. on August 20, 2018 for consideration. The entire presentation will be judged, including quality of songs, sound, and packaging.
17. Only 1 album per entrant total.
18. You can enter up to 3 songs in the Songwriting genre, which is being judged separately. Upload (or include) a .doc file of lyrics with your entry.