Opinion » Letters

Don't let lawyers off scot-free


It has come to my attention that most of the public is not aware of the State Bar's complaint program.

If you have had a problem with an attorney, you can file a complaint. I myself had an attorney who was unethical in his dealings with me. I then heard he had done the same to others but no one had bothered to file a complaint.

Protect yourself and your community. If your attorney does it to you, he's done it to others.

Call the State Bar of California at 1-800-843-9053, or write for a complaint form: Office of Chief Trial Counsel/Intake, The State Bar of California, 1149 South Hill St., Los Angeles, CA 90015-2299.


P. Johnson

Pismo Beach

Add a comment