Neighbors save home from fire



Good neighbors are hard to come by particularly the type of neighbors who save your home and belongings from possible incineration.

At approximately 7:30 a.m. on Dec. 19, neighbors heard an alarm sounding and spotted white smoke spiraling from the chimney of a home on Pacific Street in San Luis Obispo, according to a release from the city.

The report noted that a timely call alerted firefighters, who discovered a locked home devoid of its occupants. Firefighters forced their way in and reportedly discovered that a synthetic rug had been placed on top of a heating grate in the floor.

The damage was estimated at less than $1,000.


Add a comment