Well, after my op ed piece (â€œThis inauguration is a sham,â€? Jan. 20-27), I would say that I got a fair cross section of the American voting public. Some said, â€œright on!â€? Others cried foul, wimp, victim, sore losing liberal. In one letter from Matt (Jan. 27-Feb. 3), I was challenged on my assertion about those who voted for George W. could not tell fact from fiction. So, here is my challenge to all of you who think this would be imposter-as-president is righteous and the right man for the job.
Tell me which one of these statements is true:
1. Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden work together.
2. Saddam Hussein was responsible, in part or for all of what happened on 9/11.
3. Iraq is the birthplace or the place from where all the terrorists who blew up the towers came from.
4. Iraq had weapons of mass destruction.
5. Iraq had the capability of launching a deadly attack on the U.S.
6. This administration wants to promote freedom across the globe.
On the basis of these fictions, we have killed over 100,000 Iraqi civilians â€” collateral damage in our war â€” to liberate Iraq from a dictator that was certainly nasty, but well contained by sanctions.
What makes this George W. so righteous? What makes him above a morality that most of us keep to with respect to honesty? I think of your moral outrage of one cum-stained dress.
Manifest destiny? Armageddon? Someone give me a good explanation.
San Luis Obispo